Emily Alford (Principal Consultant)
Emily has a background in creating commercially-based solutions to complex customer electricity issues. She is experienced in finding opportunities in regulated markets and emerging markets, and unique customer arrangements for grid-connected supply, remote power supply, embedded generation and renewable energy. She can advise on portfolio management, contracting strategy, and tender processes (bid and offer).
She has several years’ experience within the retail and customer environments in both the East coast (NEM) and West coast (WEM) markets.
Recent projects include:
- Led dispute settlement negotiations to successful close
- Led negotiations for a unique network connection arrangement
- Led strategy and process for a $100M+ tender for remote power, including the addition of solar PV
- Led contracting strategy to turn cost into revenue stream
- Led contract variation negotiations to create a $7.5M pa cost saving, and
- Led renewable energy compliance strategy development
Emily’s experience includes electricity and related environmental products portfolio management and risk analysis for South32 (all sites, Australia region), Rio Tinto, Synergy and Energex Retail.
She also brings experience in liaising with the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the Clean Energy Regulator, Queensland Government Office of Energy, and Western Australian Government State Development Department.
2018 - - Principal Consultant, Oakley Greenwood
2015 - 2018 - Electricity Category Lead, South 32
2008 - 2011 - Electricity Sourcing Specialist, Rio Tinto
2010 - 2010 - Procurement Analyst (Rail), Rio Tinto
2007 - 2007 - Business Analyst, Electricity Major Accounts, Synergy
2006 - 2006 - Wholesale Electricity Trader, Synergy
2005 - 2006 - Business Unit Developer, Paisleys Accountants and Advisers
2004 - 2005 - Site Assistant Accountant/Analyst, Carter Holt Harvey Pinepanels
2002 - 2003 - Environmental Products Portfolio Manager, Energex Retail Pty Ltd